ADVANCED 4WD – 1 DAY
Course Currency Status: Current
Duration: 1 day plus pre-reading & pre-course questionnaire
Mode of Delivery: Blended learning (Pre-learning & face to face)
The advanced 4WD course builds on your previous knowledge & skills and has terrain with a greater degree of difficulty with an emphasis on advanced recovery techniques. This one-day course involves a range of terrains, so you’ll be able to tackle any 4WD adventure with confidence.
You’ll learn how to:
- drive a 4WD vehicle in difficult terrain
- select the best route for your safety – and for the environment
- cross deep water
- stop, start and manoeuvre on steep inclines and declines
- operate a winch
- perform essential ‘in the field’ maintenance and repairs, including punctures
- use advanced recovery techniques
How it works
When you register for the course, we’ll send you the preliminary reading materials. You’ll get plenty of time to read it as prep before your first face-to-face session, and you’ll complete some short written exercises based on your reading.
On the first day of your training, we’ll review your answers and discuss any questions – then it’s time to get behind the wheel!
*To participate in this course, we strongly recommend a basic 4WD competency Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle course or equivalent. If you are new to 4WD training, we recommend the one or 2 day 4wd course.
Further student information, including Terms & Conditions, is available here.
- Preliminary reading material
- Morning & afternoon tea included. (BYO lunch)
- Recovery Equipment and CB radio provided for training free of charg
The accredited training and assessment will be conducted by Follow Me 4wd under Getabout Training Services’ responsibility and direction.